Now that I had a premium account,

I coveted land.

Wasting no time, and maybe a little recklessly, I placed and order for an Island (aka SIM) and was pleasantly surprised when I was notified by Linden Labs that it would be ready within a few weeks.

Seeing as I had a whole Island on the way I decided to use my parcel of First Land, maybe turn a quick buck. Having read about unscrupulous realtors I rather hesitantly bought my allotted 512 sq. m. worth of First Land. (For a whole L$512)

Within 5 minutes of buying this plot of land I had an offer for purchasing it at L$1500 and free rental for a month. Knowing that the value of land was approximately L$5.50 per sq.m. I declined and set the for sale price at L$4999. (Call me greedy)

I wasn't paying any "additional" tier on it so placed a few of my " free to copy" particle effect statues on it and returned to Starry's land to help assemble the house I hadn't finished yet.

A couple of days later I realised my balance had grown substantially and teleported to my plot of first land. The plot had been bought and a huge house was spanning it and a few others in the vicinity.

I was convinced that making money in Second Life would be easy. I was to learn the error of my ways, but then that is always the way, isn't it?

- ~ § ~ -

 

 

Google
 
Web Bushveld.blogspot.com

Leon Ash

Leon Ash

View my profile