Hiding the simulator's edge

was difficult to do. In a previous post I mentioned the fact that all simulators' boundaries are water. This is a real problem when you are simulating a land-locked environment such as the Bushveld.

My first attempt at solving this was asking Linden Labs to replace the default water texture with a 'land' texture. Rather disappointingly, they couldn't help.

This left me with two options.

The first was to build a wall around the simulator. I gave up on this option as I couldn't build the wall with sufficient textural variation or high enough. It was also using up way to many prims.

The second, which is currently in place, was to raise the land at the edges of the simulator. This works reasonably well, but the effect is spoilt whenever an avatar flies high enough to see over it.

Even though I could overcome this by making the Bushveld a no-fly simulator, I decided against it. Losing the ability to fly in Second Life is very inconvenient.

This process took a couple of weeks and even though the Bushveld was progressing, it was happening very slowly.

- ~ § ~ -

 

 

Google
 
Web Bushveld.blogspot.com

Leon Ash

Leon Ash

View my profile