Fire!

Anyone who has experienced the Bushveld, knows the lure of the fireplace.

You need the Flash plugin.

Download Macromedia Flash Player

Selkit Diller created this stunning fire, to my rather demanding requirements.

Creating a video of the fire was inspired by Ordinal Malaprop, see previous post for details. However, creating this video turned into a bit of a mission. As a Mac user the only real capture utility available is Snapz Pro X. But importing SPX's DV Stream output (or any other format) into iMovie (05) really mangles the video and produces horrible results.

After much googling and experimentation I finaly managed to find a reasonable process. It isn't perfect, but I think you'll agree that the output is pretty decent. Unfortunately I have nowhere to host a 640x480 and 'better' quality video at present.

The next step is to document the various tools and settings I found to work well. But that is a post for another day.

- ~ § ~ -

 

 

Google
 
Web Bushveld.blogspot.com

Leon Ash

Leon Ash

View my profile